[TowerTalk] FCC/FAA Tower Rules?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FCC/FAA Tower Rules?
From: aa7bg@3rivers.net (Matt)
Date: Sun May 11 17:46:52 2003
Interesting to see this topic today. I was awakened this morning by the
sound of an airplane. When my wife and I looked out the window we observed
that our closest neighbor (half a mile away) was having one of his wheat
fields airdusted for weeds. The plane was flying directly over our house as
he made each foray over the field across the road. I looked as he made
several passes extremely close to my tower (45G with the owl at about 100').
I snapped a picture of him from an angle that made it look like he was
flying directly into the tower. I was a little uneasy, but those air spray
dudes fly within 6 inches of the power lines all the time so I figured if he
could see them, surely he could see my tower with 6 yagis up and down it.

I'm about 20 miles from the airport so I know I'm legal, but I find it
coincidental to see this thread today.

73,
Matt--K7BG