[TowerTalk] "Antenna Mast Design" in NCJ by W7NI

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] "Antenna Mast Design" in NCJ by W7NI
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon May 12 12:47:13 2003
In a message dated 5/12/03 6:34:36 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
zoltan.pitman@vodafone.com writes:

> I'm looking for W7TI's article  "Antenna Mast Design" in NCJ Sep/Oct/82 and
>  March/April 83 referenced in several articles.

    Stan's article was the first to address mast forces. But according to
Dick Weber, K5IU, PE, Stan's article has some errors in it. Unfortunately he
didn't elaborate on them or provide the proper equations.

    The better and more accurate mast forces info is in Dave Leeson's, W6NL,
ex-W6QHS, book "Practical Design of Yagi Antennas" which I think is out of
print.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH