[TowerTalk] Erecting a 40' Universal tilt base tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Erecting a 40' Universal tilt base tower
From: younga@worldnet.att.net (Alan Young)
Date: Thu May 15 20:30:03 2003
I am in need of some ideas on raising a tilt over base, 40 Universal tower.  It
is aluminum, with a rotator, 20 lb 9 ft. mast and a Force 12 C3ss antenna that
is about 30 lbs.  The tower can be walked up hand over hand by myself without
the ant, mast, and rotator, but we tried with 4 large people and couldn't get
it past about 30 degrees.  No more leverage at our height.  Is it possible and
wise to attatch a line at the 30' level, route it above the peak of a roof and
use a vehicle to pull it up?  Any thoughts or suggestioins would be most
helpful.
Thanks,
Alan Young