[TowerTalk] 80/75 M Antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 80/75 M Antennas
From: JamesDuffey@comcast.net (James R. Duffey)
Date: Sun May 18 19:21:29 2003
Paul - I am sure that you have something twisted about;

"I'm still searching for an effective 80 meter DX antenna that can offer the
lowest signal to noise ratio..."

You want a high signal to noise ratio, don't you? Most of us.

You might consider separate receiving and transmitting antennas. Say a loop
for receiving and a base or center loaded vertical for transmitting. The
loop can be rotated to get maximum signal or to null out local noise
sources. The base or center loaded vertical will have better efficiency,
depending on the height of course. You might look at something like the
Battle Creek Special. - Dr. Megacycle KK6MC/5
James R. Duffey KK6MC/5
Cedar Crest NM 87009 DM65