[TowerTalk] Burying radials

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Burying radials
From: kb9cry@attbi.com (Phil - KB9CRY)
Date: Fri Jun 6 15:05:55 2003
I make my own staples out of 14 Ga electric fence wire.  It's real cheap
from Farm N Fleet around here.  I merely cut off about 7 inches and bend
them over my hand.  I then slightly bend the two legs outward so that
the finished shape is kind of like the pictorial of a women, like on a
rest room, with the two legs bowed out slightly.  I find that this works
best as the legs don't go straight down into the ground but at a slight
angle; this seems to help keep them in the ground until the surface
growth captures the wire and holds it down.  Phil  KB9CRY