[TowerTalk] Motorized Crank Up for US Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Motorized Crank Up for US Tower
From: mike@hatzakis.net (Michael Hatzakis, Jr)
Date: Sun Jun 8 16:46:17 2003
I had a thread on here a while ago about motorizing a US Tower MA-550 crank
up tubular tower.  I am about to buy from Grainger a Dayton model 4Z327B
(115vac 6amp) electric winch to replace the hand crank.  Before I do, I want
to be sure the thing can sustain the cable in a static position and am
reviewing the specs.  It has about 4000lb pulling capacity dynamically.

Does someone happen to know what the pull down force is on the MA-550 or
even the MA-770, statically and dynamically?

Michael K3MH