[TowerTalk] Rohn 25

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25
From: srefurd@earthlink.net (srefurd)
Date: Fri Jun 27 01:51:52 2003
According to DB maximum exposed area for DB-420 is 3.33 square feet (3.09
flat plate equivalent)
http://www.decibelproducts.com/ds_pdf/db420_pg262-263.pdf  2nd page

Quoting from a 1990 Rohn catalog on 25G:  170 ft tower rated at Rnd member
antennas 8.1 square feet.

Flat member antenna   4.8 square feet
These numbers are with a 5/8" diameter line on each leg of the tower.

I will have only a 1 5/8" (or maybe 1 1/4) line on one leg and the DB-420 at
the peak.  If required I could side mount the DB-420 but I really don't
won't to.

I understand that this is outside of the "envelope"

Thanks