[TowerTalk] Plymouth County MASS Tower Install.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Plymouth County MASS Tower Install.
From: ohara@aaahawk.com (William H. O'Hara III)
Date: Mon Jul 7 16:14:17 2003
> The only good book that I've found on tower installation is the Rohn
Catalog (available thru Champion Radio - >www.championradio.com).  While
this is specific to Rohn products, it does contain lots of useful
information.  In addition, >you can search the towertalk archives on the
eham website - www.eham.net.

Yes.  I have ordered the tower catalog from Rohn.  I was
thinking of Rohn 45G based on lurking on the list and
casual review of a distributor's website.

> Of course the biggest question is "will your local government issue you a
building permit".  I'm currently looking for a new >home near Taunton, MA
and I have run into several local building departments with 35 foot height
limitations.  If you >know of a location that doesn't have such limitations
please let me know!

I am a member of WARC and MARA.  I was discussing it with another
fellow and he was unaware of the 35 height limitation.  This height
limitation
in Abington appears to be related to the structure of an occupable human
space due to the wording in the zoning regulations.  However, the brand
new building inspector is new to this.  I am suppose to get back to him
after the Holidays.  One of my potential constraints is that no wireless
communications facilities are allowed at all in town without a zoning
variance according to one viewpoint.   However, this seems to be clearly
intended for commercial operations. I have yet to find out about specific
county and local requirements about the structure.  I hope that the
building inspector comes back with something.

> Also, once I find a place you would be welcome to come over and help me
put up my tower.  There is no better way to >learn!  Besides, I could use
the help. :-)

Absolutely!  I will volunteer free labor as long as you provide
the pizza.  I need to learn how to do it.  Just remember to situation
yourself in a town without Adelphia Cable and check the DSL
status.  You don't want to even bother with Adelphia for cable
modems and alot of the place is too far away from the CO for
DSL, right now.

bill