[TowerTalk] Tower/Antenna Choices

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower/Antenna Choices
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Wed Jul 9 19:44:11 2003
> For a tower, I am basically set on US Tower's 89' HDX-589MDPL
> self-supporting, motorized crank-up.

Believe that would be a fine choice.  I have one of their
MA-550's with motor out here for last 11 years.  Had to get
a new one once as I allowed the cable to rust through,
and it broke!  Too much damage to the assembly when all
telescoped back down, hi.  Keep those cables well wet
with whatever wire rope lube/rust preventer you select!

> I'm thinking of is a 4-ele Steppir tribander stacked about 8'
> over a Force 12 Magnum 340N, a 3-ele 40 meter yagi.

Were it me,  that is the exact set up I would have.  I do have
the Fluidmotion BigIR vertical up on the roof;  and think it
is just great.  But have 36 each 33 foot radials under it,  hi;
am sure they help.  The Fluidmotion guys are great about
service/questions as well.

My little tribander is an F12 C3 (was a C4 but that added
element is no longer good,  not sure what went wrong,
but no way for me to get to it at this time).

Have a lot of fun.

73,  Jim  KH7M