[TowerTalk] Balun filler

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Balun filler
From: k9sd@ezl.com (Sam Effinger)
Date: Fri Jul 11 13:17:56 2003
Question:  I am going to build a 1:1 balun and want to put in in a PVC
pipe..the question is what can I fill the pipe with....I am thinking about
filling the pvc pipe with that expandable foam that is used to fill cracks
around doors etc.

Is that stuff corrosive ...any heat concerns ??

I know some folks use it in the end of elements to seal the end and hold the
rope in place..but will it work for the seal in a balun ???

Glen K6NA makes the best baluns and uses epoxy ( he isn't making any at this
time )...I don't want to buy all the epoxy as I only want to make a couple..

any ideas ??

Thanks for any help...

Life is good....

Sam  K9SD