[TowerTalk] Shipping

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Shipping
From: K5RC@aol.com (K5RC@aol.com)
Date: Fri Jul 18 18:22:15 2003
In a message dated 7/18/2003 9:01:05 AM Pacific Standard Time,

> If you have any ideas or suggestions for shipping companies that are
> reasonable, please let me know.

Someone locally might put you on to a gypsy freight hauler. The problem with
them is if they damage it, there's no insurance claim. Also, if you contract
with a freight company, you need to be sure to get someone with a front end
loader or fork lift to unload it from the truck. Every crankup I ever bought
had
some kind of shipping damage. My first one, they pushed off the truck onto my
front lawn when I wasn't home. The way to prevent that is have them ship it
freight collect, so they have to get a check from you on delivery.

Tom, K5RC