[TowerTalk] Need Advice on SO2R Antenna Arrangement

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Need Advice on SO2R Antenna Arrangement
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sat Jul 19 08:13:28 2003
At 06:44 AM 7/19/03 -0400, Eric Scace  K3NA wrote:
>For example, if you are in the northeast and put a 10m and 40m antenna on
>the same
>rotator, one approach is for the two antennas to point in opposite
>directions to held during those hours when both bands are open.

I recall -- but can't find at the moment -- a reference to a study done
during the last sunspot minimum that found the top contest stations were
getting less than 2 percent of their scores in DX contests from 10 meters
at the bottom of the cycle.  Given that we're rapidly heading that way,
this at least suggests some prioritization in building things up.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated 17 June 03.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm