[TowerTalk] RE: [Tower Talk] Measuring balun/choke impedance, power diss

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: [Tower Talk] Measuring balun/choke impedance, power dissipation, etc.
From: tod@k0to.us (Tod - Idaho)
Date: Thu Jul 24 18:05:14 2003
Chuck:

Thank you for taking the time to walk me (us) through the process you used
to test the chokes and baluns you put together for your 'one and the same'
antenna. I found it very interesting indeed; and especially useful for all
in that you managed to deal with the measurements without requiring the use
of 'unlikely to be found' in the average shack instruments. If the tester
had good oscilloscope they might be able to use it advantageously as well as
the Autek (or similar) device but clearly that is not a requirement to do
the checks that you outline.

Tod, KOTO