[TowerTalk] Motor drives for vacuum caps

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Motor drives for vacuum caps
From: K7FL@arrl.net (Dennis Ashworth)
Date: Sat Jul 26 12:14:31 2003
Has anyone discovered a reliable scheme for remote adjustment of vacuum
variables? I have two antennas with vacuum variables at the base and would
very much like to tweak them from the shack. I'd need the ability to
reverse direction and ensure I didn't go beyond the acceptable travel of
the capacitor (maybe some limit switch or turn counter arrangement?). I'd
prefer to stay away from LED/encoder wheels, etc in my high RF environment,
but that may ultimately prove the best solution.

Ideas welcome!

Thanks,
Dennis, K7FL