[TowerTalk] Yaesu G-800SDX Controller question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-800SDX Controller question
From: rwing@southwind.net (Randy Wing)
Date: Sun Jul 27 19:48:35 2003
My Yaesu G-800SDX Controller has quit indicating rotation.  It will still
turn my antennas - if I use the azimuth dial and preset button to move to a
specific direction.

Steps I have done:

1.  I took the face off the indicator and made sure that the pointer was
firmly on the spindle - it was.

2.  I climbed the tower and made sure that the cable looked good and there
was a good mechanical connection at the cable to rotator.

3.  I made sure that it would point correctly using the azimuth and preset
controls.

Does anyone had a similar problem?  My gut reaction is to open it up and see
if anything looks out of sorts - and if I can't fix it send it in to
rotordoc or someplace and see if they can fix it.  BUT, if anyone has a fix
in mind, I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks!

Randy