[TowerTalk] Balanced Line using Coax ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Balanced Line using Coax ?
From: ccc@space.mit.edu (Chuck Counselman)
Date: Tue Jul 29 13:34:38 2003
At 12:55 PM -0400 7/29/03, I wrote:
>...To deliver the _same_power_ as a single coaxial line, two coaxial
>lines operating in "push-pull" deliver half the current at twice the
>voltage.

Sheesh.  Let me try again.  To deliver _twice_ the power as a single
coaxial line, two coaxial lines operating in "push-pull" deliver the
same current at twice the voltage.

The same current and twice the conductor length mean twice the power
dissipated.  Both the power dissipated and the power in (or out) are
doubled.  So the _fractional_ power dissipated, or the dissipation in
dB, is unchanged.

-Chuck, W1HIS