Re: [TowerTalk] 50' on 12" slab

To: Mike Wrigglesworth <mike.wrigglesworth@soundprint.com>, Towertalk<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 50' on 12" slab
From: Red <RedHaines@centurytel.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 19:30:16 -0500
Hello, Mike;

The other responses I see are correct; the balcony must be capable of safely supporting the weight of the tower and equipment plus any other load that may be on it. The concrete structure must be capable of resisting all bending moments, including the wind loading on the tower and equipment. Concrete doesn't resist much bending unless it is properly reinforced with material capable of resisting tension. A failure of an architectural feature such as a balcony may be catastrophic. Get a professional analysis, signed by someone licensed to analyze and approve your proposal, to limit your personal liability.

73 de WOØW

Mike Wrigglesworth wrote:

Hello,

I'm hoping to install a 50' self-supporting tower onto a 12" concrete slab
that is a balcony on a building within a plant. The balcony is 17' above
grade and has a surface 12' x 17'.

Is this possible or will I need to install a 70' tower in a full foundation
at grade?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Mike