[TowerTalk] FYI if ur looking for ground rods

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FYI if ur looking for ground rods
From: njn2@adelphia.net (Neil J Nitzberg)
Date: Mon Aug 4 10:20:57 2003
Bill K4XS wrote,

> nr 3 rebar stuffed inside 1/2 copper tubing instead of copper clad ground

For hints and kinks, that is a wonderful suggestion.? We have rocks here in
Central PA, and it would be nice to discover them with
rebar instead of with copper piping.

The best part is that it won't corrode.? Not sure I understand that, though.

Won't it turn green and dissolve, over time?

Also, regarding the formal definition of corrosion, i.e., when dissimilar
metals touch, do you mean that there is no corrosion if you
"jet" the tubing (water jet?) into the ground (sans rebar), but there will be
corrosion if you insert the rebar?

I guess there's not much hope of pulling out the rebar after sinking it and the
pipe...

Thanks.

Neil / wb2cir