[TowerTalk] MA-550 Tubular Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] MA-550 Tubular Tower
From: rdanyluk@telus.net (Ralph Danyluk)
Date: Mon Aug 4 23:54:36 2003
Hello Steve,

All the responses were favorable.  In summary:

- There is some sway, but tolerable with small yagis.
- Base rotor is better then top rotator.
- Rotating at base precludes roof/eve bracketing.
- US Towers is a good company with which to do business.
- Not as stiff as a lattice tower - understandably - interesting calc from
Rick, N6RK, for stiffness coefficient as function of diameter.
- Cable replacement if required for disassembly can get tricky.
- A couple of good links and photos were provided - Jim, KH7M
- Skip, KJ6Y, has installed many MA tubular towers as part of his business.

For an urban dweller like me looking for a tower with a small foot print and
low visibility, this seems to be a good choice.

73,
Ralph - VE7AOP