[TowerTalk] Amphenol PL259's

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Amphenol PL259's
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed Aug 6 13:23:28 2003
n4jbk@bellsouth.net writes:

> Does anyone know of a place to buy those good Teflon silver plated Amphenol
> pl259's several at a time at any kind of a good price? I used some that a
> dealer recommended "silver Teflon" that were not Amphenol and to be polite
> am disappointed.

    I buy all my PL259's at D&L Antenna Supply - <A
HREF="http://www.wavehunter.com/";>http://www.wavehunter.com/</A>. They're not
Amphenol but they work
great and I've never had a problem with them. Here's some more info:

>> UHF CONNECTOR PL259 GOLD TIP, TELFON INSULATOR
This UHF-MALE (PL259) connector is silver plated, with a tapered gold tip,
teflon Insulation and heavy duty knurling. The uhf connector is 1.56" long with
a .72" dia. This UHF-MALE (PL259) connector is a low cost general purpose
connector for use on small and medium size coaxial cables .199" to .432" outer
diameter. They perform satisfactory up to 200MHZ, and usable with caution up to
500MHZ. The voltage rating is 500 volts rms.

Ordering Information:

UHF Gold Pin, Teflon insulator
Quantity of 100
Cost: $80.00 + Shipping cost.