[TowerTalk] Unusual Tri-band Performance ??

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Unusual Tri-band Performance ??
From: lew@teleport.com (Lew)
Date: Fri Aug 8 16:38:41 2003
Michael J. Donohue VE3YF wrote:

>   I overhead a conversation on 20m the other day where someone said
> he was using a Cushcraft A3S, which has been modified to act like on
> 10,15 &20 as a monoband 5 element Long John on a 55'  wide spaced
> beam. It has on 20m at least a 25+ dB F/B ratio and 13-14 dB forward
> gain. He won't give up the secret but for a tribander on a 14' boom, this
> seems almost too good to be true. Will this put Force-12 and M2 and
> other makers of large monoband beams out of business?
>
> 73 De Mike
> VE3YF

         Yup..., Mike, It means the end of those antenna companies and
Western civilization as we know it also. This also means that Santa
Claus exists, the tooth fairy really deals with teeth and all those
organ enhancement spams we get really work!
     Listen to your common sense, as it is "too good to be true"!
     73 and I remain,
      Lew
    W7EW/W7AT