[TowerTalk] Neighbors "rights"

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Neighbors "rights"
From: wrt@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Thu Aug 14 11:14:19 2003
On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:34:55 -0400, brewerj@squared.com wrote:

>The "right" a neighbor has, is to select a development or parcel of land
>that has restrictions matching that neighbors personal requirements.
That's what most of us do.

>He/she has *no* right to move into a house, where a neighbor may legally
>erect a tower (or a junkyard, OR a steel mill) and then try and
>stop said neighbor from exercising THEIR rights in doing whatever they
>damn well please that's legal to do on their property.
Sorry, but that's not true.  Think about it for a moment:  Every
zoning ordinance or regulation now in effect (not just antennas) was
at one time nonexistent.  All of them were enacted after the fact, so
to speak, and they did indeed outlaw something that previously had
been legal.  Making such a change is itself legal, whether we like it
or not.  Otherwise, there would be no zoning laws of ANY kind, would
there?

>If an individual doesn't agree with the neighbor exercising his right
>to do whatever's legal on their property, that individual has two
>choices... either move, or accept the tower (junkyard, steel mill).
Actually there is a third choice:  Work to get the rule/law/ordinance
changed.  It happens all the time, sometimes to our benefit, sometimes
not.  PRB-1 is one example.

--
73, Bill W7TI