[TowerTalk] Neighbors "rights"

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Neighbors "rights"
From: wrt@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Fri Aug 15 22:43:49 2003
On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 19:52:04 -0400, Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
wrote:

>That higher authority is called the Bill of Rights, the
>first ten amendments to the Constitution.
>Its specified purpose was the protection of the minority from the tyranny of
>the majority.

There is no such thing specified in the Bill of Rights.  I just
downloaded the BOR from http://memory.loc.gov/const/bor.html and did a
search for both "majority" and "minority".  Neither word appears in
the document.

In fact, most of the ten amendments protect the people (the vast
majority) from tyranny by government officials (the tiny minority)
 - just the opposite of what you state.

I think we've reached the point where emotions have outpaced logic.

--
73, Bill W7TI