[TowerTalk] RE: satellite images on web

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: satellite images on web
From: nielsen@oz.net (Bob Nielsen)
Date: Mon Aug 18 11:54:02 2003
On Sun, Aug 17, 2003 at 10:44:07PM -0500, James wrote:
> >Does anyone know of a site similar to terraserver.com, that lets you
> >look at satellite images of the US, but with the ability to click on
> >adjacent maps without reentering lat/long coordinates?
>
> Take a look at www.globeexplorer.com
> No idea how fresh the images are, but I know there was a picture
> of my farm from Dec 1999 and latest on is last Sept 2002.

Mapquest (www.mapquest.com) has aerial photos (from globeexplorer's
database).  After entering a location, the street map is displayed, but
if you click on the "Aerial Photo" tab, it switches to that. You can
pan, print and zoom.

73,
Bob, N7XY

--
Bob Nielsen, N7XY                          n7xy (at) n7xy.net
Bainbridge Island, WA                      http://www.n7xy.net