[TowerTalk] TowerTalk] Sunlight protection for fiberglass

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk] Sunlight protection for fiberglass
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue Aug 19 09:52:49 2003
In a message dated 8/19/03 3:27:42 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Cqtestk4xs@aol.com writes:

> I have used 'liquid tape" to protect exposed fiberglass on my KLM antennas.

>  It works great in the hot Floirda sun.

    You mean Liquid Electrical Tape by Star Brite? It claims to be UV
resistant but it dries up and flakes off anyway. At K5RC's place at 7,000 feet
in NV,
it mostly dried up and disappeared within a year or two. Don't you guys have
extensive sunshine in FLA too? It's hard to believe that it has much of a
service life in those conditions. It's a problem we don't have to worry about
in
Seattle - hi!

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC