Re: [TowerTalk] Reference plane for FCC power limit

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Reference plane for FCC power limit
From: K3BU@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 09:07:43 EDT
In a message dated 9/4/03 1:22:53 AM Eastern Daylight Time, W4EF@dellroy.com
writes:
Your arguments about feedline loss are good. I agree that
real power reaching the antenna terminals is what counts.

What's the problem? You got FCC regulations limiting us to the power we can
run. It is up to us (hams) to get as much as possible into the air (antennas),
very simple. Use low loss feedline, use effcient antennas and you can produce
signal that you can be proud of. That's the ART of amateur radio, you gotta
learn and use it.
Smart antenna is the one that puts the most signal where you want it and
there are books about them. Looks like the garbage about RF exposure limits is
creating lotsa QRM.
RF is good, cures cancers, heats things, communicates and QRMs if put on
power lines where it doesn't belong.

Yuri