Re: [TowerTalk] Replacement relays for the Ameritron RCS 8V

To: Mike Gilmer - N2MG <n2mg@contesting.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Replacement relays for the Ameritron RCS 8V
From: "Michael Hatzakis, Jr" <mikehatzakis@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 07:46:57 -0700 (PDT)
same experience.  They were great on the phone, once they answered and parts in
a few days.

Mike Gilmer - N2MG <n2mg@contesting.com> wrote:Hint for dealing with
MFJ/HyGain/Ameritron:
Don't use email. Call them on the phone.

A year ago I needed something from them (HyGain part)
so I emailed them, waited and waited, then called
them - they answered the phone right away and I
received the parts in just a few days. My email was
never answered.

While things may have changed since then, many others
have apparently had this experience with MFJ.

Mike N2MG

K4MK wrote:

> I just ordered and received 2 relays from Ameritron
> to replace some that were lightning-zapped in my
> 10V. I suspect you can get those for the 8V
> direct from them also.
> Those for the RCS-10 were only about $ 5.00 each.

> K4XS wrote:
> > I am looking for a source of replacement relays
> > for the RCS-8V remote antenna switch. I have
> > obtained several of these which have bad relays.
> > Any suggestions?

PeoplePC: It's for people. And it's just smart.
http://www.peoplepc.com

Michael Hatzakis, Jr MD
Physiatrist, Treating Individuals with Neuromuscular Disabilities
Consultant, Information Technology Based Health Care Solutions