Re: [TowerTalk] Gov't Study to Collect Empirical Data onTowersvs.Birds..

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Gov't Study to Collect Empirical Data onTowersvs.Birds...
From: "Blake M. Meinecke" <n4gi@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 22:03:29 -0400
For the past 8 months, I've had an osprey roosting on top of my mast every
night.  As an experiment, I once turned the rotor and went outside to see if
it scared it away.  Neither the rotation, nor the brake clacking will make
it leave.  It just sits there riding along...

Perhaps I'll take some video and send it up to Meet-Chicken State.  I figure
that scientific study oughta net me at least 50 grand, right?   :-)

Maybe Rohn should get into ecological consulting on the side?

Blake N4GI