Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: BPL threat to HF and AM radio

To: "Roger Borowski" <K9RB@arrl.net>,"z-TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>, <rfi@contesting.com>,<dxlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: BPL threat to HF and AM radio
From: "Robert Shohet" <kq2m@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 22:25:58 -0400
> The following is a transcript from a recent speech given by FCC
> Commissioner Kathleen Q. Abernathy at the United PowerLine
> Council's annual conference regarding BPL. It seems that she is all
> for it. It also seems that BPL is going to become a reality, regardless
> of what ARRL, the military, or anyone else says. As usual, big
> industry wins over everyone else because they have the money.

NO!  Big industry wins over everyone else because of the ignorance,
myopia, denial, stupidity and complete indifference on the part of the
people who make the decisions, in this example, the FCC.

It wouldn't matter what UPL and crew said or did, if the FCC was
living in the real world, or CARED!.

The only question I have, is how many months will it be before
this speaker resigns her position at the FCC and accepts a job
with a BPL group or utility.  The other question is how many
millions will she be paid?

It's just a matter of time.  It always is.

BTW, the FCC doesn't care about the military, Civil Defense,
Emergency Services, Hams, Meteorologists, or anyone else
affected by this decision.  Why?  Because it doesn't have to!
The FCC doesn't have any legal responsibility in those areas, which is
how and why they can behave as they do.  Since they don't have
any common sense and/or moral considerations, it is only too easy for
them to be oblivious and act irresponsibly towards everyone else.

73
Bob KQ2M