[TowerTalk] Summary: Recent feedline query

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Summary: Recent feedline query
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 14:53:08 -0400
I received a number of direct responses to my recent inquiry about a cost-effective improvement over RG-213 for recabling my tower. A number of people suggested Buryflex, while a roughly equal number suggested LMR-400. but after musing for a while on the attenuation versus cost tradeoff, I've decided to go (again) with RG-213. I don't need the buriable jacket (the run to the tower is CATV hardline), the extra cost of LMR-400 and its stiffness are issues for me, and 9913's air dielectric and risk of subtle failure through water infiltration aren't very attractive.

Thanks everyone for their input.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated October 3.
2440 stations are listed -- 104 stations were added or updated.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm