Re: [TowerTalk] The tower base is poured BUT...

To: <K7LXC@aol.com>, <rgshauger@myyellowstone.net>, <k1ttt@arrl.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] The tower base is poured BUT...
From: "Jerry Keller" <k3bz@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 17:19:46 -0400
My conclusion that my backhoe operator used too big a bucket was HIS
explanation for why the hole came out too big. He expected pretty much what he
found under the surface here, but he said (in hindsight) he would have used a
smaller machine with a smaller bucket, which he believed would have given him
better, more precise control. Since mentioning it on the reflector, I've
received several comments from Tower-Talkers saying that they had good results
with smaller machines and buckets. Some said they rented a small machine for
DIY and would do so again... I think next time I'll give it a try myself also.
73,  Jerry K3BZ