[TowerTalk] Sealing feed point connection on yagi

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Sealing feed point connection on yagi
From: "Benson,M Stokley" <BENSONMS@apci.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 09:02:53 -0400
Hello TT'ers,
I'm installing a WARC-band yagi and have everything just about finished except
I'm wondering what (if anything) to do about sealing the connection between the
coax balun (tinned copper eyelets soldered to the coax braid and center
conductor) and the SS bolts on the driven element.  Is anything gained by
wrapping the feed point connection in cold fusion tape and covering with 3M
electrical tape or just leaving it bare?  The balun is very well sealed so I'm
not worried about water getting into it.
73 / Stokley, W3SB

+