Re: [TowerTalk] Re: Newbie

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>, <gdaught6@stanford.edu>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Re: Newbie
From: "RICHARD BOYD" <ke3q@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:41:36 -0400
  From: gdaught6@stanford.edu
  To: towertalk@contesting.com
  Sent: Monday, October 13, 2003 3:32 PM

  On 11 Oct 2003 at 15:19, John Parker wrote:

  > I was a Radioman in the
  > U.S. Navy (Submarines).  I retired 10+ years ago and at that time I
  > could copy 18wpm.  But, my hearing has changed over the years as well.
  >  I only have about 30% in my right and 65% in my left.

  Don't worry, the speed will come back quickly.  As always, the key is
PRACTICE!

  I have tailored a couple of pairs of stereo headphones by putting a series
resistor
  (determined by experiment) in the line to the phone for my "good" ear, so
that
  perceived volume is the same in both ears.  It seems to work pretty well.  I
spend lots
  of time copying CW in contests.