Re: [TowerTalk] Lubricating Cable

To: btakacs@nccw.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lubricating Cable
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 09:13:46 EDT
In a message dated 10/14/03 5:34:46 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
btakacs@nccw.net writes:

> Any one have any suggestions of a lasting lubricant for the winch cables on
>  telescoping towers.  On our farm we normally use a oily rag and run it
>  along the cable but wonder if anyone has any other suggestions??

    An oily rag isn't what's recommended by cable manufacturers. You want
something fairly light that'll soak into the strands without leaving a coating
on
the outside that'll attract grit and other airborne contaminants. The cable
manufacturer I talked to recommended PreLube 6 - a real cable lubricant. It
comes in a spray can and should be applied once or twice a year.

    Champion Radio Products carries it.  <A
HREF="http://www.championradio.com";>www.championradio.com</A>

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC