[TowerTalk] propagation of the KLM 10-30-7LPA

To: "'towertalk@contesting.com'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] propagation of the KLM 10-30-7LPA
From: "Kuhns, Arthur, SSG, 146CF, SCM" <arthur.kuhns@cachan.ang.af.mil>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 16:05:59 -0000
The Air Guard station I am at currently uses this Beam to talk 500 miles to
HQ on 7mhz in morning hours. We use an ant tuner to tune the 20 meter beam
to 40meters.  At a 100 watts out we should be loud at the receiving end
however we are barely above static.  Question: Are we talking above their
heads are is the beam performing badly out side it's freq recommendations.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Art KK6PJ

Arthur Kuhns SSG
146 COMM FLT ANG
DSN:893-7404