RE: [TowerTalk] Site Grounding

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Site Grounding
From: kb9cry@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 14:31:38 +0000
I'm no expert but an avid learner and listener.  We all must remember that RF
grounding and lightning grounding are two different things.  I use #18
insulated stranded wire for my RF ground radials.  I merely lay it on the
ground and staple it into the ground and let the grass grow around it and after
a couple of months it's gone.  For my tower/shack lightning grounding system I
use #4 bare solid, Cadwelded to 5/8 8 ft ground rods.  I urge all to go to the
following Polyphaser and ICE websites and thoroughly read, understand and
follow their technical articles as these guys are the experts at lightning
ground.  Don't take any shortcuts unless you want to invite lightning (or surge
energy from a nearby strike) into your house.  Phil  KB9CRY

www.polyphaser.com/

http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/ice/index.html