RE: [TowerTalk] ultraviolet conditions

To: <brewerj@squared.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] ultraviolet conditions
From: "Matt" <aa7bg@3rivers.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 09:27:40 -0700
So what this has to do with towers is that the taller your tower, the higher
the chance you will get skin cancer if you spend a lot of time up there
knocking down wasp nests, etc.

Actually, I thought of this thread when I was out stringing sweepstakes
antennas yesterday. The blizzard finally stopped here in NorthCentral
Montana and the skies were clear with the sun absolutely blinding me as I
went about my duties in a foot of snow. What I am getting at is that I
suspect it's the water around south Florida that, in effect, has two suns
blasting you. One a reflector, the other the driven element. Likewise, snowy
mountain areas (many have snow year round) give the same double dosing. I
suspect this may have more to do with the subject at hand than altitude.
You can have a broad brimmed hat on and still get a whale of a sunburn on
your face. It's sort of an over/under basting by two suns.

Matt-K7BG