Re: [TowerTalk] Looking for input on stacking

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Looking for input on stacking
From: "Rick Bullon" <kc5ajx@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 17:17:45 +0000
Hello Mike
Stacking dissimilar antennas can be a problem,but it can be done Jay at Array Solutions tells how to do it on his web site it is under the tech notes section, but it involves using an oscilloscope to do it.

I think that you have a bigger problem than stacking dissimilar antennas in that 80' is now enough tower to stack 3 tri-banders you need at least 100' with about 35' to 40' between the antennas.
If you had to do this with just 80' of tower I would try the KT36XA at 80' and the KT34XA at around 40' this are probably similar enough that they would work. Several hams have mixed Hygain TH-6 and TH-7 tri-banders and made them work, so I would think that the KT36 and KT34 would be workable.

IMHO I don't think that you have room for the 10 meter beam no matter where you put it it will be to close to the other tri-banders and interact with them. You either need 20ft more tower or another tower to mount the 10 meter beam.
The ideaL way to do this with 100' of tower would be to mount the 10meter beam at 35' the KT34 at 70' and the KT36 at 100' or mount the 10 meter beam on a separate 40ft tower and mount the KT34 and 36 on the 80ft at 40' and 80'

The above info is based on what I have learned from this list I have no experience with the M2 antennas. I am still working on getting my stack of TH-6 tri banders on the air they are at 40' and 70' with a F-12 2el 40 at 80' all on 70' of rohn 25.
I am sure there will be others on the list with more experience than me who will give advice also but I'm sure that they will also tell you that 80' is not enough to mount all 3 antennas
73
Rick
KC5AJX

----Original Message Follows---- From: N9NUN@aol.com To: towertalk@contesting.com Subject: [TowerTalk] Looking for input on stacking Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 08:06:35 EST

I'm in the process of putting my 80' tower back up. I have 3 antennas I plan
on using. The first one is the KT36XA, KT34XA and a 10 meter 6 element
monbander that was made from DX Engineering. These antennas would feed into a
StackMatch from Array Solutions. The top antenna would the only one that would
rotate. What height and which antenna would you recommend putting where? I
live in Wisconsin and enjoy the 10 meter contests.

MIke

Want to check if your PC is virus-infected? Get a FREE computer virus scan online from McAfee. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963