Re: [TowerTalk] need advice on 80m delta loop

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] need advice on 80m delta loop
From: Fred Roberts <w6tkv@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 12:00:35 -0800
Dick-

Insofar as supporting antennas in the trees, I used to use a line from
the antenna through a pulley and then down to ground level.  At the
bottom, I hung a weight to keep the tension on the antenna but which
allowed the line to "stretch" as the tree moved under windy conditions.
A bucket of rocks (holes in the bucket for drainage) will do the trick -
and you can position the pulley far enough away from the tree so that
the weight doesn't rub against the tree and get caught.

73-
Fred, W6TKV