Re: [TowerTalk] Autek VA1 Owners/Users ?

To: "K7VS Van" <wa7fab@cdsnet.net>,"Mike Rhodes" <weightdn@adelphia.net>,"Tower Talk Reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Autek VA1 Owners/Users ?
From: "G.E. Tucker" <gtucker@bostoneng.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 22:34:32 -0500
I have a VA1. It works fine for measuring/pruning all my wire antennas.
Maybe 6 months after I got it I had problems with the display: some segments
missing in the LEDs. But you could still read/interpolate it, and use it.
Finally after about 1 year of this, it got so bad I couldn't read it at all
much and sent it back for repair (out of warrantee repair). It took about 6
weeks and I got another display. I've had it a few months now, and the
display is still ok.

George W5VU

P.S. As far as I recall the display problem had no temperature dependence.
Had the problem in cold, room temp. and summer too. Sporadic, until it
finally got worse.