Re: [TowerTalk] Best Tuner Value?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>, "WD0M" <wd0m@centurytel.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Best Tuner Value?
From: "Jim Reid" <jimr.reid@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 11:44:07 -1000
> Love my Palstar AT4K.  Pricey, but worth it!

Yes, that is the tuner I use daily.  Not sure it is
sold any more however.  I think its' cost to build
was just too high which resulted in a $1k or so
selling price.  However,  I don't use it for twin
lead fed balanced antennas, for that I use my
modified Johnson kW Matchbox.

The "best" tuner for you will depend a bit upon your
situation:  what bands you want (low bands take
a better tuner IF you are going to run power) and
QRP tuners,  below a few watts are all pretty good,
again except on 160 where they probably won't
have enough reactance unless you have full size
160 dipoles,  etc.

Somebody suggested reading the reviews in past QST's;
a good idea.

Good luck and 73,  Jim  KH7M