[TowerTalk] LM-470 Cable lengths

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] LM-470 Cable lengths
From: "Bob Maser" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 23:50:54 -0500
Anyone know what the cable lengths are for the LM-470?  Mine was
manufactured in 1993 so it's fairly new.  I am planning on recabling as I
can see some rust on some of the cables.  The 2 top sections do not seem to
be completely telescoped down into sections 1 & 2 and I suspect that the
original owner may have recabled the tower and got some of the top cables a
little short.  I was going to use 1/4" SS cable but it's not much stronger
than the called for 3/16" galvanized plus I do not have a Nicopress crimper
for 1/4 whereas I do have the 3/16 so it becomes an easy decision.

Thanks,

Bob  W6TR
Valrico, FL