[TowerTalk] Re: Corroded copper

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Corroded copper
From: zl1aih@ihug.co.nz
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 20:46:32 +1300
Hi All,
Duz-All works fine, as does hydrochloric acid (swimming pool stuff), but both
are more expensive and somewhat more hazardous than 'raw lemon' - just
push the copper wire into a lemon - very tarnished (like black) copper takes
an hour or more.   I used one lemon to clean the ends of 50 radials for an 80
metre vertical.   I crimped and soldered the lugs, and by the time I had buried
each radial (using a lawn edger), the next one was ready for the soldering
iron.
Took me all day - almost dark before connecting the last radial.
However, a wedge of Tahitian Lime is recommended for the evening gin-
and-tonic.
73 Ken ZL1AIH