RE: [TowerTalk] $30 Worm Drive Winch

To: Towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] $30 Worm Drive Winch
From: brewerj@squared.com
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 07:16:40 -0500
Harbor Freight is amazing... I bought one of their benchtop drill presses for
$35
which is identical to the Delta sold at Lowes for $80.... it did arrive with a
broken
plastic piece (the indicator that indicates the plunge depth).

Following the info in the manual (a rare moment!) I called customer service
and infomed them of the broken piece. We determined the correct nomenclature
for the piece out of the exploded drawing in the manual, and I was informed
a replacement would be supplied.

My confidence was very low that this would happen.

Less than two weeks later, a replacement arrived on my doorstep free of
charge.

Not only are they cheap, but they DO follow through on their customer
service obligations!
John K5MO