Re: [TowerTalk] Hams, hi-tech, & towers

To: "Martin Ewing AA6E" <aa6e@arrl.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hams, hi-tech, & towers
From: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 16:34:20 -0800
And I realized that making antennas is one of those craft industries that is
probably going to stay local.. and for which homebuilding is comparable to
commercial, but cheaper, and likely to stay that way. Volume is low, so they
aren't using automated manufacturing, so the mfr builds them essentially the
same way you do (except they probably have jigs and power tools to make
making multiples easier).