Re: [TowerTalk] Triex Control Box Wiring & (Now)Restringing/Reassembling

To: Bob Maser <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Triex Control Box Wiring & (Now)Restringing/Reassembling LM-470 tower
From: Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 11:24:29 -0500
Bob, you may be able to do me a favor now. My 470 was brought down during a windstorm several weeks ago. Although, my insurance company has approved a full replacement, only the next to top section was damaged, and I may want to replace it and restring the cable so I wind up with two towers. I would appreciate some kind of detailed summary of your experiences and other relevant info related to any restringing issues. I also wonder if you have any opinion regarding the difficulty and advisability of removing the damaged section and inserting the new one. It looks like some welds will have to be broken to remove the old section and insert the new one and then the welds will have to be remade. Do you see it that way, and do you see this process as unusually difficult for an experienced welder and/or mechanically proficient person (not me)? I'd appreciate your opinion.

I've also copied the reflector with this request in case there are others out there who might be able to provide some guidance.

73, Joe
K2XX

Bob Maser wrote:

Thanks to all that responded to my plea for help.  It is now connected
properly and it works fine.  Next step is to recable the tower and dig the
hole.

Bob  W6TR
Valrico, FL