Re: [TowerTalk] Alternatives to Rohn tower

To: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Alternatives to Rohn tower
From: kb9cry@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 13:57:51 +0000
If one looks at the photos of some installations I see slip joint type of
connections rather than the flat plate ends shown on the pdf views.  I'd
imagine they'd make an interface if there is a difference from Rohn.  But more
importantly, look at their bracing; it's all angled, no horizontal rungs like
with Rohn's bracing.  Like my Trylon and Rohn BX towers, those angled bracing
are hard on the feet and take more diligence to climb.  We'll see what happens.
 I can't imagine that another company wouldn't take over with the same Rohn
tooling like was done with their BX series of towers.  Glad I got mine up this
summer!  Phil  KB9CRY