[TowerTalk] Re: JEFA Tech Cable - Direct from the company

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>, <ajfarmer@jefatech.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: JEFA Tech Cable - Direct from the company
From: WD0M <wd0m@centurytel.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 21:39:05 -0700
Gentlemen, when in doubt, ask the company directly, rather than "assume"....I did, and here's their response:

*************
From: "A.J. Farmer \(JEFA Tech\)" <ajfarmer@jefatech.com>
To: <WD0M@centurytel.net>
Subject: RE: FEEDBACK: LMR 400 Coax

Hi Joe,

This cable has been manufactured to our specifications by Remee. Remee is a ISO 9001 certified cable manufacturing company located in New York. Our coax is 100% made in the USA. We have extensive experience with Times LMR400 coax and have tested this cable to ensure that it meets or exceeds the same specs. We have sold over 100,000 feet of this cable with no complaints as to quality. Some have even told us they like it better than Times cable. If anyone in the discussion group would like a sample of the cable, I would be happy to send them some free samples.

As you know from using our cable, it is high quality coax. Sometimes it is hard to get past the "name brand" syndrome. If you aren't a Belden or a Times Microwave, people are suspicious I guess.

There are generic standards for coax cable which gives guidelines for the diameter of the center conductor and overall diameter of the cable. This is really for the sake of connector compatibility so you can buy a connector for RG-8 cable and know that it will fit on any manufacturer's RG-8 coax. Beyond that, it is a matter of the type and quality of the materials that are used and the manufacturing process in order to get the correct impedance, velocity factor and low loss figures.

Please feel free to copy and/or forward any of my remarks to the group. If you don't mind giving out the URL of the discussion, I would be happy to participate and clear up any untrue rumors about our cable if there is any. I appreciate you making me aware of the discussion and helping out.

Thanks!

A.J. Farmer, AJ3U
JEFA Tech
http://www.jefatech.com