Re: [TowerTalk] INSURANCE

To: <K7LXC@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] INSURANCE
From: "John Kjos" <w9rpm@qth.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 22:33:12 -0600
Steve, I read the info on the ARRL insurance and called the Insurance
Company for clarification and was told  that the coverage now includes the
cost of labor on the towers and antennas. It states that on their brochure
also.

I live in Wisconsin and have American Family insurance. My cousin is the
agent. She gave me a heads up that they were going to be looking at policies
with additional add on like towers, that are over and above the standard
coverage for outdoor antennas. She told me that based on the one claim I had
for lightning for $1500 over the last 9 years I would probably be cancelled
with another claim. She called it their "new policy". This is why I am
looking into the ARRL coverage, because as some have said, once you are
cancelled and your name put into; CLUE, you have a hard time getting
coverage.

Thanks to everyone for their comments.   73 John
EMAIL:  john@w9rpm.com
MY WEBSITE:  http://www.w9rpm.com
BLUFF COUNTRY DX CLUB: http://www.qsl.net/w9idx/
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads:  http://swap.QTH.com