Re: [TowerTalk] practical beverage ideas

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] practical beverage ideas
From: Lee Buller <k0wa@swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 13:45:30 -0800 (PST)
I have not actually installed a beverage, but I've seen a pretty good
installation that I felt was great.

W0NO uses steel T-posts that you can get at any farm/tractor supply store.
Using the manual method, he drives the T-Post in the ground.  Fence hammer
Then using PVC pipe he makes an 8 to 9 foot tall "T" out of two inch pipe and
slides it down the T-Post.  The "T" has a small "cut" in each end for the wire
to pass through or lay in.  The cut is done with a radial arm saw prior to
gluing the "T" together.

Once the posts are in place, he puts up two beverages for each direction...one
on each wing of the "T"  He has a scheme for termination and switching where he
can get two directions out of one set of beverages.

The system works very well and can work around 360 degrees quite easily.  He
has several out there between 500 and 750 feet.

I just thought using the PVC over the T-Post was a novel idea.  The beverages
work great on 160, 80 and 40.  Like using a beam antenna.

Your mileage may vary

Lee - K0WA